Directions and Arrival
- The nearest train station is Castle Cary (16 miles), Bristol or Bath (20 miles). Local buses operate to Wookey Hole. For times and prices please telephone the Traveline on 0871 200 2233.
- Wookey Hole has a large car park and has a number of designated disabled parking bays.
- These disabled parking bays are located close to the main entrance of the hotel.
- The post code for SAT NAV users is BA5 1BA.
- The hotel has a door-bell entry system at the main entrance that allows guests to summon a member of the Reception Team if required.
- Clipboards are available to assist guests who have difficulty accessing the Reception Desk.
- We do have low level access area at the Reception Desk.
- Guests are advised to inform Reception at check in if they will require any assistance in the event of a fire evacuation.
- Access into the hotel is via an access ramp or steps. A passenger lift is available for guests choosing to stay on the first floor.
- During your stay with us, if there is anything you require to make your stay more comfortable and make life easier, please ask the Reception Team – we are always willing to listen and will always try our best to help you.
- In the public areas, the toilets are located near the Reception Desk and have the following: grab rails, adequate turning space, low sinks with lever taps and emergency pull cords.
- Table service is provided in the Restaurant for Breakfast and Dinner. If you require help with the menu a member of our Team will be happy to help you.
- The television in the Reception area can be adjusted to display subtitles, please ask a member of the Reception Team.
Bedrooms and Bathrooms
- We have designated bedrooms for disabled guests. The bedrooms are designed to give ample space if a guest is a wheelchair user.
- These bedrooms have zipped beds and have the flexibility of being a double or a twin bedded room.
- All bedrooms have a desk and chair. If you would like any of your bedroom furniture rearranged or removed to make your stay more comfortable, please contact Reception and we will endeavour to try and meet your needs.
- Storage space is open fronted and easily accessible in all bedrooms. The flooring is carpet with a short pile in the bedroom and non-slip flooring in the bathroom.
- Televisions are wall mounted and come with a remote control. Subtitles can be displayed using the remote control. If you need assistance please contact Reception.
- Emergency alarm pulls are provided in the accessible bedrooms. In the event of the fire alarm sounding, there are Fire Evacuation procedures on the back of the bedroom door. If you think you will need assistance if the Fire Alarm sounds, please inform Reception on arrival.
- The disabled access bedrooms have en-suite bathrooms – either a shallow bath or wet room. If you have a preference please inform the Reception Team when making your reservation, we will try to accommodate your request, subject to availability.
- The bathrooms have the following: adequate turning space for a standard wheelchair, grab rails, emergency pull cord, low sinks, lever taps and toiletries.
- Bath mats are available from Reception upon request.
- Assistance Dogs are welcome at our hotel, please inform the Reception Team when making a reservation.